[thrive_headline_focus title=”0018: Why We Fail: How to Get Motivated to Change” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26150071″]
Goals can be tricky. There’s a reason why so many abandon their New Year’s resolutions within a few days of the start of the new year. Do you have trouble setting goals and staying motivated all the way to achieving them? As we become aware of the sources of divine discontent in our lives, we may feel compelled to set goals to get the change process started. Effective goals have a comprehensive plan and typically quite a bit of preparation … but they also have another component, which is the driving force. Goals need a big why!
In this episode, you will:
- Learn some of the reasons why goals don’t stick
- Consider the motivation and drive for achieving goals
- Anticipate some of the obstacles that may prevent achieving a goal
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the Awareness Addicts site Using the Player Below. (Click the time stamp. . .if available. . .to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:42] —This article that I found to work with today was on the Huffington Post. It was titled, “10 Reasons Why We Fail to Achieve Whatever It Is that We’re Trying to Achieve”
- [04:31] —Aware Appreciation.
- [06:50] —Do you have trouble setting goals? And, if you do set goals, is it a challenge to stay motivated all the way to achieving them? As we become aware of the sources of divine discontent in our lives, we may feel compelled to set goals to get the change process started.
- [07:26] —This episode I’m calling “Divine Devotion – Proving Your Commitment.” We talked in episode 10 about failure and how important it is to allow ourselves to fail.
- [08:43] —The really important point that I want to make in this episode is how important it is that you have a clear and big WHY for any change that you are making in your life. You are going to need to refine what you really want.
- [14:47] —Everyone seems to have an opinion about goals. Do they or don’t they work? Should you or shouldn’t you set them? Is there a better alternative?
- [15:30] —When I wake up in the morning, I have really low energy. It’s hard to motivate myself to get out of bed. I find it difficult to express myself freely with the people in my life …
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.