[thrive_headline_focus title=”0016: How to Stop the Negative Effects of Clutter” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26150071″] What happens when we know we need to let go of something and we resist? We may be able to get away with it for a while. But eventually, the consequences will mount. Taken to the extreme, this demonstrates itself as hoarding. You probably don’t have a diagnosable hoarding problem, but it can still be causing you stress or harm. We’re going to look for ways that hoarding shows up in our lives that we may not initially recognize. It makes developing awareness much more challenging. [divider style=’left’]
In this episode, you will:
- Recognize the ways hoarding affects everyone
- Learn how to let go of the things that might be holding them back
- Understand why people tend to accumulate possessions and hold onto unnecessary things
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the Awareness Addicts site Using the Player Below. (Click the time stamp. . .if available. . .to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:47] —This article from ABC7 in New York talks about the fact that the New York firefighters have been trained to battle not only dangerous fires, but hoarding conditions as well.
- [04:11] —Aware Appreciation.
- [06:30] —What happens when we know we need to let go of something … you name it … and we resist? We may be able to get away with it for a while. But eventually, the consequences will mount.
- [07:01] —As I’ve mentioned previously, hoarding is a real disorder. You may have seen programs on TV where they highlighted somebody who was a hoarder …
- [11:30] —We might call this laziness or procrastination but it can just be a lack of vision. “What am I going to do with it?”
- [15:05] —We all have that drawer or closet (most likely both) that has become a Pandora’s Box of stagnant energy. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Not really.
- [16:00] —I live with my family and have been working nonstop to save for my future. They are always asking for money and I don’t feel like I can say, “No.”
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.