[thrive_headline_focus title=”0010: Lessons for Success: What We Learn from Failures” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26150071″]
If you’re like most humans, failing was discouraged. We would try to hide it, or worse, avoid it by not trying. But, we’re going to learn to celebrate failure. It is failure that precedes growth and development … and success. As you develop awareness, you’re going to have ideas that call you to bigger and better things. If you’re willing to experience some discomfort, the payoff could be HUGE!
In this episode, you will:
- Focus on the dreams you have had and become aware of opportunities
- Learn what it takes to become proficient in a new activity or hobby
- Acknowledge what is holding you back from trying something new
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the Awareness Addicts site Using the Player Below.
(Click the time stamp. . .if available. . .to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:20] —I found this article on the Harvard Business Review talking about strategies to use for learning from failure. This section of the article was really awesome.
- [06:23] —Aware Appreciation.
- [08:41] —If you’re like most humans, failing was discouraged … maybe not even just discouraged, it might have had a big spotlight shone on it that said, “Don’t do this.”
- [09:20] —Why don’t we want to fail? As children, we weren’t afraid to fail. In fact, just to learn to walk we had to be willing to fail a lot.
- [14:54] —It’s time that you acknowledge what holds you back. What your obstacles are really are.
- [17:35] —When I started talking to you about this topic today, one of the lines in the article reminded us that it’s not just discipline but enthusiasm that needs to be applied when we’re examining our failures.
- [19:23] —I wanted to love and risk being intimate but, for some reason, I couldn’t. Why am I repeating these relationship problems?
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.