[thrive_headline_focus title=”0009: How to Stop Negative Thinking and Self-Sabotaging Behavior” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26150071″]
In this episode, we’re going to acquaint ourselves with that voice in our heads. Honestly, some of the things it says seem illogical . . . even irrational. It has tremendous power over us, though, if it is allowed to prattle on unchecked. If we give that voice much freedom, it can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. It doesn’t have to be that way. In fact, that voice can actually serve us. But we have to show it who’s boss.
In this episode, you will:
- Develop control over that nagging voice in your head
- Identify the situations you are most likely to self-sabotage in order to avoid them in the future
- Learn to engage in positive self-talk to eliminate the negative voice
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the Awareness Addicts site Using the Player Below.
(Click the time stamp. . .if available. . .to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:31] —There was an article on CNN recently that talked about Uber, if any of you have used Uber . . .
- [05:02] —Aware Appreciation.
- [07:21] —Once we’re starting to make some progress, the voice in your head may get really loud. “Things look great now, but you know that won’t last.”
- [07:45] —How do we recognize this self-sabotage process before it gets some momentum going?
- [12:52] —So, how do you recognize it? How do you begin to cut its power off? First, you prepare in advance.
- [16:08] —One of the ways that we can do this reverse engineering process that I’ve talked to you about is name the voice in your head.
- [17:48] —How do I stay positive even when I feel like I’m forced to do things I don’t want to do?
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.