[thrive_headline_focus title=”0006: How to Change Bad Habits Permanently” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26150071″]
Change is inevitable. But we do have control over it much of the time … if we are willing to ignite change intentionally.
You may be wondering how to change bad habits or behaviors permanently. And … with intention.
It’s going to require that we accept a bit of discomfort in the short term. We can make the process easier. From the happiness book I mentioned last episode, it’s clear that even ill-conceived habits create happy chemicals in the brain.
In this episode, you will:
- Become aware of damaging behaviors the affect happiness
- Learn how to increase your happiness by eliminating bad habits
- Develop awareness of actions you can take to improve your long-term happiness
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the Awareness Addicts site Using the Player Below.
(Click the time stamp. . .if available. . .to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:16] —As I was doing some research for this episode, I came across an old Chinese proverb that says, “In times of great winds, some build bunkers, others build windmills.”
- [04:12] —Aware Appreciation.
- [06:30] —Change is inevitable. But we do have control over it much of the time. . .if we are willing to ignite change intentionally.
- [06:58] —Let’s start by looking at why we would even consider changing.
- [12:41] —As we make change intentionally, we embrace the fact that change happens. Life is going to happen.
- [14:30] —Sometimes we want to change just for the sake of changing. Just because we are bored and things have been the same in our own minds for too long.
- [15:56] —Why is it so easy to keep going back to our old bad habits even after we’ve experienced the positive change temporarily?